Elf Shop Description:
The Elf Shop is an annual event held the first Saturday in December each year (usually parallel to the Book Fair) inside the Highland Drive Cafeteria. This event does not generate much of a profit for the PSO but more importantly offers Highland Drive students an opportunity to shop for holiday gifts for friends and/or relatives independently. Each parent is notified in advance of the event through the folders from school and can decide whether or not to bring their child to school on that Saturday morning with money for gifts. The envelope sent home explaining the event encourages parents to suggest maximum dollar amounts per recipient, etc. A volunteer Elf escorts each child through the shopping experience to ensure the expenditures do not exceed the parental suggestions and money is collected from the child before they exit.
List of Duties for Chair:
1) Coordinate vendor(s) to provide gifts under $5.00 for day of sale. We're currently using Tri-C Distributors. Be present during the week prior to recieve and organize the merchandise.
2) Create and send notifications to parents. Display signs at school week prior to event.
3) Take inventory, establish pricing and display gifts for sale in cafeteria.
4) Oversee volunteer efforts.
5) Coordinate monetary efforts with Treasurer. (Fill cash boxes, return cash boxes, provided money for deposit, request check for vendor.)
List of Duties for Co-Chair:
1) Secure Cafeteria for use on Friday evening and Saturday morning.
2) Recruit and coordinate volunteers for the event (more than 20 volunteers makes things work more smoothly).
3) Coordinate pizza and refreshments on Friday evening and bagels/bakery on Saturday morning.
4) Create raffle, prizes, decorations, etc.
1) Table Set Up / Dismantle
2) Merchandise Inventory (before and after sale)
3) Cash Tally Table
5) Refreshments Pickup
6) Bank Runner
7) Elf Supervisor