- With input from Principal and Presidents, determine fundraising activity for following school year- (below schedule assumes there will be a "No Fuss Fundraiser")
- Meet with previous VP
- Assemble team- need 1 volunteer to solicit donations from area businesses for raffle prizes for children; need 1 volunteer to help assemble/staple donation packets in Sept; need 1 volunteer to help with showcase during fundraiser week…thank business donors and prepare chart to track daily donations; need collection volunteers-should be limited to just President(s) and Treasurer (confidentiality critical) to open donations during fundraiser week, log donations, make deposits and prepare tax receipt forms.
- Update all forms/letters for No Fuss Fundraiser- seek donor to print at no charge or print at school-keep expenses minimal
- Send out letters (or drop off) to area businesses for raffle donations or monetary donations- will want about 10 prizes per day during fundraiser week for pizza, fun n’ stuff, ice cream, etc.
- Coordinate with Communications Chair to set up schedule to email parents regarding fundraiser
- Get first communication out to families three weeks in advance of fundraiser week-Q & A
- Arrange to have front showcase available during fundraiser to list and thank donors and track donation total
- Check with Principal to confirm student dress up days for spirit week- don’t want to have a distraction if state test if scheduled
- Send out reminder to parents one week in advance of fundraiser.
- Send out constant contact to parents Friday before fundraiser- listing spirit week dress up themes, raffle prizes and donation info. No raffles can go to donors. Each kid who dresses up in spirit wear each week receives a raffle ticket for daily prize drawing.
- Put together list of raffle items to get kids excited to help their school.
- Buy box of 100 envelopes and 1000 raffle tickets. Check the supply closet first.
- Assemble donation packets- include envelope marked No Fuss Fundraiser so it is easy to sort/collect each day.
- Distribute 100 raffle tickets to each teacher to use throughout week. Leave extra in office.
- Prepare a spreadsheet to track donation totals- need donor name, date of donation, donation amount.
- Set up online pay option through Constant Contact
- Each day of fundraiser week have collection team meet about 3:00 PM. Open envelopes brought to office, log on spreadsheet, prepare tax receipt, Treasurer then either deposits or locks into safe. Most donations come at end of week.
- Update chart in showcase to show donations collected to date. Take picture and post to Facebook to business donors get credit.
- Prepare/send thank you letter to send to all businesses.
- Prepare/send thank you letter to all families, highlighting collection total and listing all business donations.